Wednesday, August 28, 2013

REVIEW: Peter Thomas Roth Gentle Complexion Correction Pads





I am one of the fortunate ones out there who don't usually have a lot of problems with my skin. However, I do maintain a rigorous skincare routine and when a friend went to the States for a holiday, she kindly brought this baby back for me. Peter Thomas Roth is a clinical skincare brand that most are familiar with. Unfortunately, only a very limited range of products are available for sale here in Hong Kong. I wanted to try these Gentle Complexion Correction Pads mainly for some hormonal acne that I get every month. 




The pads are soaked with AHA and BHA. As I mentioned before, salicylic acid is a form of BHA and has anti-acne functions. It is also very effective in clearing blackheads and reducing the appearance of pores - especially together with the glycolic acid complex. I have noticed a dramatic difference after a single use. The ingredients should also contribute to some anti-ageing effect - though I have not noticed any difference (at 23 years old). 

The pads are double-sided, one side for cleansing and the other for exfoliation. The exfoliating effect is quite mild but on contact with my skin, it stings a little bit. The stinging sensation fades very quickly and I use this once or twice a week as an exfoliator (without rinsing to let the ingredients soak in). 


You can just see the little acne spot on the top right of the "before" picture that disappeared in the "after" photo. The "after" photo was taken 30 minutes after using the pads and without applying any other skincare. I also experienced instant reduction of pore size (particularly around the nose).However, the product is slightly drying and I like to moisturize as soon as I feel that the product have been fully soaked up by my skin. 

Hope you enjoyed the post, do follow us for regular updates and thanks for tuning in!

V

Bloglovin: http://www.bloglovin.com/primpprimepose

Instagram: http://instagram.com/PrimpPrimePose

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/PrimpPrimePose

No comments:

Post a Comment