Saturday, August 31, 2013

EMPTIES:: August with SKII, Jurlique and more!


Hi guys! To be honest, I don't usually use up a lot of make-up OR skincare as I usually find something else I start using before I finish up anything...(not the best for my poor wallet). However, I have recently cleared up some skincare products.





First, the Jurlique cleanser that I have previously talked about. If you haven't read the review, you can check out the blog post here. When I wrote the post on this cleanser, I thought I was already nearing the end - but it lasted me for another full month with daily use. This is definitely a cleanser to try out - I especially love how it has micro beads for gentle daily exfoliation.


Second, I've gone through my second bottle of the SK-II Facial Treatment Clear Lotion. This is NOT their Facial Treatment Essence that is referred to as the "holy water". It is the toner that you use prior to their signature essence. The one plus of this cleanser was its packaging, and I did feel that it did clean my face, though it did not control my little outbursts of hormonal acne every month. The downside is first of all, the price - at $490 for 150ml bottle, this is not something I would consider repurchasing again - and second, the smell. This toner does not have any fragrance in it, which is good for anyone with sensitive skin. However, the Pietera or some ingredient in this toner does not give off a great smell - sort of like the Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair, though not as strong. 

I repurchased this bottle once as it was so raved about I had to find out what was the difference in getting it from Sasa and the SK-II counter. Conclusion - no difference. 



Bicelle is a clinical skincare brand distributed by a big, trustable skincare company called Neo Derm in Hong Kong. The essence itself is your general B5 hyaluronic acid product, providing great maintenance for my skin. However, I found that it was not moisturising enough in the winter as I had quite a few dry patches that didn't heal until I switched to another serum. Having said that, I love the clean packaging - it comes with a syringe like bottle where you unscrew the cap and you squeeze the top in order to dispense the serum. I love the fact that you will never contaminate the serum with anything as long as you don't touch the tube. 

It does smell a bit strange as do all hyaluronic acid products and it is a bit pricey at about $600 if you buy it from Neo Derm. However, it is easily accessible via many clinical skincare outlet stores such as AnthonG and Thousand Leaves.


Hope you enjoyed the post, do follow us for regular updates and thanks for tuning in!

V

Bloglovin: http://www.bloglovin.com/primpprimepose

Instagram: http://instagram.com/PrimpPrimePose

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/PrimpPrimePose




1 comment:

  1. For best quality beauty products and cosmetics please visit us at
    http://www.zaaina.com

    There are Natural Clear Skin Acne Soap particular skincare units by the side of best or high quality item or obsessions with the main purpose can all Natural Face Cleanser USA access the side of over the problem with the main purpose is necessary to have. There are very little by the side of Natural Lip Balm USA general item or obsessions all associated in the middle of with the main purpose particular Natural Face Mask USA possible ways.

    ReplyDelete